8 January 2010

everyday sunshine

I'm so glad to be here, in the summertime, with warm and dry heat and familiar smells, like lemon scented gum trees and that funny smell of the road after it has rained. Summmertime is linked to many happy days as a kid growing up at the beach with my sister and friends. Now, living close to the beach and soaking up the sun and sea is one of lifes great pleasures for me. Today, at the beach, Mooch and I poked around the sides of a jellyfish, tried out a new foam 'surfboard', got a cut knee on an old corally rock, made sandcastles, talked about seaweeds and sponges and just soaked up the lovely atmosphere of other families chattering and laughing and enjoying the days before school and work returns in earnest. I too feel these are the sweetest days since soon, I too will be a worker. I mean a paid one. I have managed to overcome my biggest stress about returning to work, arranging childcare. I found, by luck only, a suitable place, so now I can go back to work with a slightly less guilty load to carry, knowing he will be well cared for, well, it is my hope, no one can do a better job than the Mummy or Daddy of course!...So when we share a babychino, such a treat, with a 'marshlallow', and chat about small and funny things, I am really soaking it up. These days and moments which will not last but make my life worth living, just for these little things, tiny things, but so valuable. This new year is exciting for us all and I will try to write about it, not get boring, keep connected with you. I lived the past few years reading several blogs daily and now I think, they will not be part of my routine, at least not daily. But, I like to peek into others lives, especially those creative or funny or organised or healthy or just excellent motivated women's blogs. Have a great weekend, I'm going to laugh and swim and see family and I hope to draw a new banner for my blog - SUMMER!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

You're right, the summer is so wonderful especially when you have a small person to share it with.
I hope the transition back to work goes well and that the Mooch settles in to daycare. I think for older kids it can be a really positive thing... mine has been asking "Do more kindy, Mummy?" this week while we're on holidays.

阪戸みほ Miho Sakato said...

hi paula!

how are you? enjoy summer?

in tokyo, SAMUI~~~ so we will go to "Yakiniku-ya" tonight. at Hatagaya. haha

have a happy weekend:)

miho