13 January 2010

my last days revisited...

Going through my memory card and looking at my last days in Tokyo.....and first in Oz...isn't this a typical scene in Australia?....wide open road and no cars>...dry grass and no developments....just a lack of visual (and auditory) noise.....keeps you calm and relaxed?.....compared to busy, busy, busy Shinjuku...I do miss you Shinjuku.....but I know you are very cold and little bit snowy, just a dusting.....so I'm happier being warm....
some fruits in Shinjuku gyoen...a lovely part of town....now frozen in the ground and the small ponds....we skimmed stones on the ice on this last day....
and tried to warm up a little in the bright sunshine...

enjoyed these very, very clever interactive Xmas windows at Isetan..such a clever and fun idea.....these windows have been a constant source of inspiration, not to mention what's for sale inside....
the skeleton of our old place, now just an empty house...our stuff will arrive here next month so just a few more weeks of sleeping on the floor....
and a last Xmas party, such an amazing, dedicated group of teachers. Mooey will go from this to 30 kids....I feel a very hard time coming up for me to let go and let him grow up. I know it is better for him to go in with the big kids so he can grow too, but it is very hard, harder than I imagined to realise, the early days are over and that's it, no more days. I have had a most wonderful and rich few years with this guy and I am so lucky to have had that. I feel quite sad only for myself that it is over but I'm happy for him because now he can really start to discover his own potential, and that is truly exciting!

No comments: