12 January 2010

hot, hot...

Its beaches like this, which are only minutes from where we live that make it worth coming back to Oz....especially in a heatwave. Even if its just for an hour, to have so much freedom, clean water and quiet is such a delicious treat and something I would also not really appreciate if I had not lived in Tokyo. There are some things however, that are revealing themselves...the things I am starting to miss.....service is probably to most visible.....everyone can vouch for the often poor quality service they receive in Australia but it is really annoying! In fact today, the check out lady threw my loaf of bread on the counter which tumbled to the floor, spilling the goods out of the bag and she just looked at me, impatiently, while I picked it up...grrrr....she had also slammed the watermelon on top of all the stone fruits.......GGRRRR...considering food is expensive compared to the same in Japan I was freaking out a little.....this, followed by standing in a line for 15 mins to buy a light bulb..............It is usually a surprise when you get good service and fortunately I found this in an excellent barista, by far the best coffee maker in a long time....so, you take the good with the bad as with all things in life :)

No comments: