19 May 2008

ohisashiburi desu (its been a while)

We took a little break and got out of town, just nearby Mount Fuji. When people mention Japan, the images I have used here are not usually what one conjures up in their minds. The fortunate part of living in a place is that you have time to explore outside the usual beaten tourist path. It is a luxury. I realised just how lovely it is to tour Japan by car. These kinds of places dont really service tourists and without any language it would be very tough. As you can see, it is truly awesome. Snow capped mountains, lots of quiet and still, cuckoo birds singing, smell of nature, rain, sun and just lots of loveliness.

There was also some earth moving by enthusiastic helpers...

and some serious investigation of nooks, crannies, boulders, ants etc....

These mountain ranges peak at about 3000mts. You can do a lot of walks in various parts of these ranges. We stayed in a cottage which was self contained so endulged in bacon and eggs for brekky after a very cold night. I almost bought my coffee maker along but resisted since we were going for just a short time....I used instant instead....it didnt kill me......food in this area was slightly more scarce and reminded us of our holiday to Bribie Island where getting good food was near impossible...its is an ongoing joke now when we get a very bad meal....as well as this amazing scenery, in the middle of nowhere is an incredible Keith Haring museum it was shame we were not able to see it but we have planned a return trip (byo food) and hope to see it then.
This is a cake a I made today. It looks like any other banana cake but really it is hiding a LOT of vegetables in it......mini moo is a good eater but trying to get him to eat a lot of veges is a challenge. I guess I should be grateful that he has now mastered sitting at the table by himself and can sit for more than a few seconds, hooray for him!! AND, miracles still happen, I can now get him to brush his own teeth...after trying 5 toothbrushes and having a huge screaming match every night. I bought a small step so he can stand at the sink by himself, got a 360degree brush so he can just chew it and it does the same job and a very small, soft brush for the front teeth. He even smiled at me last night when I helped him...amazing!!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks so beautiful.....love your blog. Reading it is like going on a mini holiday! Just what I need at the moment. Regards Keryn