3 May 2008

thwarted



One of my oldest phobias appeared today, that of being vomited on by someone whilst on public transport. Years ago, when I didnt have a car and used to rely on trams and buses, I used to worry about this a lot and try to choose a seat that had the least amount of people near it or alternatively sit or stand near an exit. And, I used to carry a plastic shopping bag in case, one day, I was ever sick myself....My phobia was confirmed (that is, it does exist, fear that is) when a guy did vomit on the train, but he held it with his hand over his mouth until the train stopped and burst out the door vomiting on all the people waiting to get onto the train....ever since I always stand back from the opening door when waiting to embark.......Today challenged even my oldest phobia. Vomit in a crowded elevator.......BUT, my phobia was thwarted by busy traffic which meant we arrived at the elevator door just after the event......thank you busy traffic....thank you.

No comments: