8 May 2008

soup soul food



Super delicious and simple soup, miso base, fresh fish, shells and veges with soba noodles. This was made by my dear husband so I cannot take the credit. It sure was tasty.

I felt a bit homesick lately, just the past few days. I guess its pretty normal, I do live far away after all. Maybe because my family is visiting soon and knowing I will see them soon makes me want to see them more? Im not sure. So I am keeping busy because it would be impossible to stay homesick in Tokyo as there are so many ways to keep busy and learn and be entertained. I realised I have not yet 'bonded' with anyone outside my family unit. This is something I need to change, I have to make at least a couple of new friends. The people here I already know dont count because thats cheating. So, I am going to a Mums group tomorrow, which I have been to once, and met some nice people and so, I'm hopeful the grey cloud will clear and new friendships will start to form. I like having friends, not a lot, but the ones I have are very special. So I hope to meet someone like that.

On another unrelated note, I am trying to make some sewing magic and join into Softies for Mirabel. Sewing is not my strong point but I do like it so I will keep you posted about the progress.

No comments: