2 March 2009

grey, grey and more grey.....

Honestly...rain is good...but after a week of rain.....every day and every night....and then some snow...I've about had enough of it.......finally this morning, some blue sky and a little sunshine....the weather really directs my moods and actions, esp with a li' one.....we did spend many days last week out in the puddles, dripping, splashing and floating leaves...which made me think, for me, I don't enjoy standing in the rain but for the mooch it is the most fun and the best learning experience....boots full of water, rain falling from eaves, leaves and papers rushing in the gutters, the complexities of umbrella use.....up, down, up, down...... and the since the streets were deserted, it was a chance to have the place to ourselves.....so, today, looking sunny, at least for now, we can take the dog out too, who is just about to bust out of the place without a walk for several days now.......the rain has helped to keep my grassy garden grassy and my flowers, gum tree, olive tree and herbs from dying so I really should be grateful when I know how many people at home only dream of rain and green grass.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

That photo is such a Tokyo view... it makes me homesick for Japan.

babalisme said...

I love a monochromatic view.. I live in a very colorful town, whenever I look it's always been colors.