3 March 2009

a little ray of sunshine...

bounced off this little dogs tag...I didn't know I caught this but I think it reflects how we all feel. In addition, I got a very nice package from the lovely Miss H which included a copy of Frankie and then my sister told me she had a package in the mail for me as well....ohh soo happy! Love you girls! Of course, my loved one is back in OZ so I always feel so homesick around those times :(

I think we (me, mooch and pooch) spent a total of 4 hours walking around in the neighbourhoods and finding new places to explore. It was very, very cold but very sunny. I found another great surprise waiting for me in someones gomi dump. Two huge rectangle woven baskets. I think they are related to storing kimono but I cant find any info on them as yet. They are in perfect order and when I flipped them over, the mooch jumped right in them and started playing. If I discover they are for storing or carrying offal I might have to return them where I found them. My delimma was the size and how I could get them home, given we were pretty far from home....well, like the table I lugged home in the typhoon, I just strapped those puppies onto the pram and pushed them home! Later in the night, I heard a bump outside and immediately thought I was being visited by the people who make a living from recycling the gomi and maybe I was cutting in on their sales...after investigation it was just my paranoia! I figure if the goods are still there after 8.30 or 9 am then they are not what those guys want.....
and another discovery.....scones. I would have thought they were easy to make but after several successful batches of cement stones I bought a packet mix. These would have to be the best scones Ive ever eaten. I'm thinking of cutting in on Miss Maples business they are that good! After a nice devonshire tea (what else can you do on a rainy afternoon) I thought I better get the brand of this mix so I didnt forget it. To my surprise, the above tag is actually the brand...so Japanese....

No comments: