18 February 2008

Day 19 & 20 - textures

I used to find looking at the water everyday my time to relax and get some exercise at the same time. I didnt think I could feel relaxed by looking at hard things. This staircase is nearby my home. It is part of a centre that has other calm areas with water flowing and nice, simple shapes and lines. I have found that because Tokyo is so full, noise, people, smells, there are a lot of areas that try to counteract that busy-ness. There is an excellent place called the Roppongi Hills (with an awesome art gallery, Mori). It has many areas that have running water, like water falls, so you cant hear all the noise, just the water. It has a lot of seats in that area so you can take a rest, eat your lunch and just relax. There are also trees, shrubs and flowers (and cool sculptures) so it feels like a minute to catch your breath. I like this attention to detail when planning and will keep looking for those 'quiet' places inside the hubbub.

This is a self portrait of the mooch. He was getting very restless in the taxi (and there are no car seats) so, on my knee I gave him the camera to play with (it was a last resort after the keys, purse and many other things failed to impress him).
We will get a car soon. I am planning our first road trip to the beach some where. Will keep you posted.

No comments: