4 February 2008

Day 7 & 8 cold

How cool is this, well, very, actually. We are so lucky to see so much snow, I heard it has not snowed this much in 8 years. It is very, very pretty, silent and beautiful. Not living in a place where snow (or rain) falls it is such a delight to see such a beautiful thing.



It is super dooper slippery especially on the steps where ice is clear and looks very innocent, until you step on it with 3 bags of rubbish and skid on your butt and elbows ouch.......Long Long is very unsure about this snow stuff. He did not do a wee until the end of the day as he couldnt hold on any longer. We have invested in a large hot carpet which is like a heated floor rug, which he has over taken as his own, now he is lying in the sun coming through the windows and lying on the heated rug, he is like the ham between two bits of warm bread. The mooch was also unsure about the white stuff, he was most unimpressed at being locked inside for most of the day. We will go and play today as it is much warmer. The head of the house (so titled by our alien registration) has gone to his first official day at the office today and so we are going to get into the swing of things. I found out there are 24 child care centres in this area so I hope I can find one that is suitable. In the meantime I am hanging to go to starbucks, I never thought I would say that!! Only 20 mins walk to downtown Shinjuku, Im sure I can find one pretty easily....I get a bike today, a big blue one with a big basket for the mooch to ride in. Cant wait to go for a spin!

No comments: