20 February 2008

Day 21 & 22 - cute

They might look like pencils but they are really chopsticks. There is no end of super dooper cute stuff.
These are also the cutest little cutlery for a little mooch. These guys come from the $1 shop, can you believe it?
I have started quite a collection of cute stickers now I just need to write some letters to stick them on. It is my small goal to do so, so you might get a postcard or letter soon.
I have been exploring around my neigbour hood and have found that there are quite a lot of very large old style houses on big pieces of land. These really must be very valuable. It feels like I can step back to another time when I see them with thier beautifully manicured gardens and old trees in the yard. I even saw a house with a garden full of bonsai trees. I used to live near an old guy who grew them and I liked to stop on my way home from school just to look at them all. It was like everytime you look you can see another one. I was so happy to see a garden just like it, around the corner. There would be several hundred immacualtely cared for little trees. The beauties at the moment are all the minature cherry blossoms which have already come out. There are also lots of mosses and various pines and many I dont even know what they are but they are so lovely to look at. I plan to be a lurker around there - its not like I dont stand out with my huge pram (compared to Japanese standards), my white face, wild hair and whippet in a blanket. I might just make a new friend if I hang around there long enough!!

No comments: